Turkey Rice Soup
- 1-1/2 Cups cooked, diced turkey meat
- 1/2 Cup uncooked wild rice
- 3 Cans condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 Cup margarine
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 8 Slices bacon
- 1/4 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Dry sherry
- 2 Cups half-and-half cream
- Salt to taste
- 2 Cups water
- Take a large pot and combine chicken broth, water, green onions and wild rice in it.
- Cook it on medium heat and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer till rice is tender for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a big skillet on medium heat till crisp.
- Allow it to cool and crumble, keep aside.
- Melt the margarine in a medium saucepan on medium-low flame.
- Add flour, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper, mix well.
- Cook, till smooth, stirring continuously.
- Stir in half-and-half and cook till thickened for about 2 minutes.
- Now stir half-and-half mixture into the rice mixture.
- Stir in turkey, bacon and sherry and heat through.