- 3 Large Onions (chopped)
- 3 Chicken Breast Fillets (cleaned)
- 1- ½ cup Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- 2-inch Ginger (chopped)
- 3 pods Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 10-12 Kashmiri Chilies
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Palm Jaggery
- Make a smooth paste of garlic and ginger by adding coconut vinegar. Set it aside.
- Now grind the poppy seeds and chilies separately in a grinder. Mix it with garam masala, ginger-garlic paste and tamarind puree. Blend well to form a thick paste.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium flame, add onions and fry till they turn dark brown.
- Add spice paste, some oil and fry onions for another 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and a little turmeric powder to onions. Sauté the dish for 5 minutes.
- Add some water and bring the dish to boil. Now add salt and jaggery, and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and keep it on a low flame for at least 30-40 min, till the chicken is cooked.
- Chicken Vindaloo is ready to savor. Serve hot with steamed basmati rice and raita.