- 1 Turkey neck
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 5 Cups water
- 3 Chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 Celery stalks cut up
- 6 Whole black pepper corns
- 8 tbsp Flour
- 8 tbsp Fat pan drippings from roasting turkey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepot and fry onion.
- Add turkey, water, bouillon cubes, pepper corns and celery to it and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for about 2 hours.
- Now strain and reserve the liquid.
- Pick meat off neck bones, reserve the meat and remove the other stuff.
- Take a saucepan and heat fat pan drippings from turkey in it till they start to boil.
- Add flour, keep stirring.
- Cook it for 4 minutes till it starts to bubble.
- Stir in reserved turkey broth and keep stirring till the gravy thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in turkey neck meat and heat for few minutes.