Prawn Malai Curry
- 1/2 kg Prawn
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1/2 Inch piece ginger
- 1 Medium size onion, chopped
- 1 Pod garlic
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 4 Slit green chilies
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Whole cardamoms
- 1/2 Inch piece cinnamon
- 4 Whole cloves
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Clean and devein the prawns properly.
- Rub turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp salt on the prawns.
- Take oil in a pan and heat.
- Fry prawns until light brown, set aside.
- Grind garlic and ginger to make a fine paste.
- Grind cardamom, cinnamon and cloves to a fine powder.
- Heat oil and saute onions till light brown.
- Add garlic-ginger paste, bay leaf, red chilli powder, green chilies to it and fry for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add prawns, coconut milk, sugar, the ground spices, salt and little water.
- Cover the vessel and simmer over medium flame for about 10 minutes.