- 1 Cup rava
- 1 Cup sugar
- 5 Piece pistas, slivered
- 5 Piece almonds, slivered
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 10 Raisins
- 2 Pinches saffron, soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Few drops yellow colour
- 2-1/2 Cups water
- Take a large heavy pan and heat ghee in it.
- Add rava and roast over low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes until aroma exudes, keep stirring.
- Meanwhile, put water on medium-high heat, add sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Add this water to the rava, little at a time, mix well.
- Combine more boiling water with it if grain is hard.
- Add the remaining ingredients except colour, save a little amount of almonds and pistas for garnishing.
- Cover and simmer until ghee separates.
- Combine colour with it, mix well.
- Garnish Kesari Bhath with almonds and pistas.