Thanksgiving Turkey Marinade
- 12 to 14 Pound turkey
- 1/2 Cups chicken broth
- 2/3 Cup lemon juice
- 1 Cups soy sauce
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 Cups water
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients,mix well.
- Pour the marinade into a 2 gallon resealable plastic bag, reserve 1 cup for basting.
- Add turkey and close the bag, turn it to coat.
- Place it into the Refrigeratoor overnight, turning several times.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- Heat grill according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Put the wings under the turkey and place with breast side down on the grill rack.
- Cover and grill it for about 1 hour.
- Now add 10 briquettes to coals and turn the turkey breast side up.
- Brush the turkey with reserved marinade, cover and cook for about 2 hours, adding 10 briquettes to maintain the heat.
- Brushing the turkey with marinade every 30 minutes till meat thermometer reads 185° F.
- Cover and let stand for about 20 minutes before carving.