Herb Roasted Turkey
- 1 Whole turkey
- 2 tsp Dried basil
- 2 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Ground sage
- 2 Cups water
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Clean the turkey, discard the giblets and organs and keep it in a roasting pan with a lid.
- Take a small bowl and combine olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil, ground sage, salt, and black pepper in it, mix well.
- With a basting brush, apply this mixture to the outside of the uncooked turkey.
- Now Pour water into the bottom of the roasting pan and cover it.
- Bake it for about 3 to 3-1/2 hours till the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180 degrees F.
- Take out the bird from oven, and let stand for 30 minutes before carving.