- 1 kg Strong white flour
- 570 ml Water and milk mixed
- 450 gm Unsalted butter
- 2 Sachets easy bake yeast
- 1 Egg for egg wash
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut butter into small pieces.
- Take a bowl and combine flour, salt, sugar, yeast, butter, water and milk.
- Knead it to make cohesive dough.
- Shape the mixture into a rectangle and roll out to about 30cmx20cm.
- Fold over the top third, fold up the bottom third and close each side with the side of your hand.
- Place it into the plastic bag and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Now turn 90 degrees and roll it again to another rectangle.
- Fold up bottom third and close it with the side of your hand.
- Chill it again for 30 minutes.
- Repeat two more times, chilling for about 30 minutes between each rolling.
- Return it to the plastic bag and place it into the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Remove it from the fridge and roll into a big rectangle 50cmx30cm.
- Cut in half lengthwise and divide into triangles and shape into crescent.
- Beat egg and carefully, egg wash croisant.
- Place them on a baking sheet and allow it to rise for about 20 minutes.
- Now bake it for about 20 minutes till golden brown.