Cranberry Orange Stuffed Turkey
- 18 to 22 Pound fresh or frozen turkey, thawed
- 3 Cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1- 1/2 Cups orange juice
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup butter, melted
- 1 Package herb seasoned cubed stuffing
- 3 Cups celery, sliced 1/2-inch
- 2 Medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Packages frozen cranberry-orange sauce
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine cranberries, sugar and orange juice in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, till cranberries pop and sugar dissolves for about 9 to 11 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining stuffing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add cranberry mixture to it, mix well.
- Stuff the turkey with this stuffing mixture.
- Put the turkey on rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake as directed on turkey package about 5 to 6 hours or meat thermometer should read 180 degrees F in thigh.
- Meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Serve turkey with the sauce.