Maharashtrian Fish Gravy
- 500 gm Slices of any white fish cleaned
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida powder
- 1 Green chilli, slit
- 2 Flakes garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Wash the fish slices properly.
- Marinate them in a mixture of red chilli powder, tamarind paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt for 15 minutes.
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan and heat the oil in it.
- Add the crushed garlic, asafoetida and green chilli to it.
- Add the marinated fish and some water.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes until the fish is almost cooked.
- Slowly stir in the coconut milk and bring it to a boil on low heat.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 4 minutes until the fish is well-cooked but firm.