- 2 Pearl spot fish (Karimeen)
- A piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 5 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup small onions, chopped
- 1 Cup thick coconut milk
- A few Curry leaves
- A few Plantain leaves
- Oil as required
- For paste
- 1 Piece ginger
- 2 tsp Chilly powder
- 5 Garlic pods
- 1 tbsp Pepper powder
- A few curry leaves
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Grind ginger, garlic pods, chilly powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves and salt for making a fine paste.
- Marinate the fish with the above paste for about one hour.
- Coat few heated plantain leaves with oil.
- Place the marinated fish over it and put the entire thing in a frying pan.
- Cover and cook it over low flame till it is done.
- Take another frying pan and heat oil, sauté chopped onions, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves in it.
- Place the cooked fish without the plantain leaves in the above pan and coat it well with the sautéed masala.
- Combine coconut milk and mix well.
- Simmer for few minutes, until all the water gets evaporated.
- Wrap them in the plantain leaves and serve.