- 1-1/2 Cups maida or plain flour
- 1 Cup channa daal
- 1 Cup jaggery
- 2 tsp Sooji
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Oil
- A pinch turmeric
- A pinch salt
- Oil as required
- Water as needed
- Cook channa daal in the pressure cooker.
- Now drain the entire water.
- Add jaggery to it and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Grind them without using water.
- Combine cardamom with it and mix well with hand to get a soft mixture.
- Mix flour or maida with sooji, turmeric and salt.
- Add water and oil to it to make fine dough.
- Cover and set aside for about 1hour.
- Make a ball from the dough and spread with hand.
- Place a ball of channa mixture on it and cover with the dough and seal the ends properly.
- Apply oil to the plastic paper and place the ready ball on it and roll it like chapathi.
- Cook on hot tava until golden brown.
- Holige is ready to serve.