- 1 Loaf of crusty Italian bread
- 2 Cup Italian plum tomatoes, drained well and chopped
- 1/2 Cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sweet basil
- 1/4 lb Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1/4 lb Italian sausage or salami, cubed
- 1/4 lb Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Romano cheese, coarsely grated
- Olive oil as required
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off the top of the bread and hollow out.
- Brush inside and outside with a little warm oil.
- Keep it in a hot oven for about 5 to 10 minutes till the inside is dry.
- Combine tomato sauce with chopped tomatoes, cubed Mozzarella, basil, Swiss cheese and the cubed sausage or salami, mix well.
- Stuff the toasted loaf with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with pepper, salt, garlic, oregano and grated cheese.
- Place the pizza on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes till the loaf is golden brown and the filling is piping hot.
- Cut the pizza into thick slices and serve.