Maple Marinated Roast Turkey
- 10 Pound turkey
- 3 Celery ribs, chunked
- 2 Medium onion, chunked
- 1 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 Cup maple syrup
- 12 Cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 Fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 3 Bay leaves
- 6 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Sticks butter
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp Coarse salt
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 Cup maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a 2 gallon zipper lock bag.
- Add the turkey to it and seal the bag and place it into the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the maple butter, put all the ingredients in food processor and process till soft, set aside
- Mix all the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the rack on the lowest position in the oven.
- Take out the turkey from the marinade and pat dry.
- Loosen the skin over the breast, wings, and upper thighs by lightly sliding fingers under the skin.
- Massage half the maple butter beneath the skin distributing it equally.
- Rub the remaining of the maple butter outside of the turkey.
- Stuff the cavity with celery and onions.
- Tie the legs together loosely and put the turkey breast side up on the rack.
- Roast the bird for about 3 hours till a thermometer reads 180 degrees F.
- Now baste Marinated Roast Turkey with maple glaze every 20 minutes and tent with the foil if browned before done.