Rosemary Roasted Turkey
- 1 Whole turkey
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tbsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, black pepper, salt and Italian seasoning in a small bowl and mix well, set aside.
- Clean the turkey, pat dry and remove any large fat deposits.
- Loosen the skin from the breast and it is done by gradually working your fingers between the breast and the skin.
- Work it loose to the end of the drumstick, carefully not to tear the skin.
- Spread the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg properly.
- Rub the rest of the rosemary mixture outside of the breast.
- Apply toothpicks to seal the skin over any exposed breast meat.
- Put the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan and add about 1/4 inch water to the bottom of the pan.
- Roast the turkey in the preheated oven for about 3 to 4 hours till the internal temperature of the bird reaches 180 degrees F.