Indian Spring Rolls
- For Making Rolls:
- 1/2 Cup maida (all purpose flour)
- 1 Cup milk
- A pinch Soda-bi-carb
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 7-8 French beans, half boiled
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup cabbage, cut into thin and long strips
- 1/2 Capsicum, cut into thin and long strips
- 1/2 Carrot, cut into thin and long strips
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tsp Corn-flour
- Salt as required
- A pinch ajinomoto
- Cut the sides of the beans and put them in boiled and salted water for about one minute.
- Now Strain it through a strainer.
- Cut it along with all the other vegetables into thin and long pieces
- Take a pan and heat oil in it.
- Add chopped onions and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add sugar, ajinomoto, salt, white pepper, all the vegetables and cook for about 1 minute.
- Combine soya sauce with it, mix well.
- Take a bowl and add salt to maida, milk, along with soda-bi-carb to make a fine batter for pancakes.
- Heat a nonstick pan and put half of the paste onto the pan and stir the pan so the paste spreads equally on the pan.
- When the bottom of the pancake is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside on a dry cloth, not to cook the top portion of the pancake.
- Make the second pancake with the remaining paste in the same way.
- Place half the stuffing on the cooked side of each pancake and fold both the sides onto the stuffing.
- Now hold the sides and turn upward.
- Combine corn flour with 1 tsp water and cover the sides with the corn-flour paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry spring rolls on both the sides until it becomes golden brown.
- Put them on a tissue paper and cut them into 1 inch pieces.