Super Moist Roast Turkey
- 12 lb Turkey
- 1/4 Cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup turnip, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup carrots, finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the turkey inside and outside with salt and pepper.
- Put wings under the turkey and place the turkey in an oven roasting bag.
- Spread onions, celery, turnip, carrots and garlic over and around the turkey.
- Fold the top of the bag over and keep the turkey breast up, in a small roasting pan.
- Now add water to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Roast turkey for about 3 -1/2 hours till a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the leg , reaches 165 degrees F to 170 degrees F.
- Carefully tear open and take out the bag.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Roast 30 minutes longer till the thermometer registers 180 degrees F, basting with the pan juices every 5 minutes till golden brown.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and carefully shift the turkey to a serving dish.
- Letting the juices run back into the pan and reserve the juices for gravy.
- Cover the bird with foil and let stand for about 20 minutes before carving.