Pineapple Roast Turkey
- 8 to 12 Pound turkey
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 1 Fresh pineapple
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Water as required
- Salt as needed
- Vegetable oil as required
- Clean the turkey and pat dry.
- Massage cavity lightly with the salt.
- Fasten the neck skin to back and skewer and fold wings across back with tips touching.
- Place the drumsticks under the band of skin at tail or bind together with heavy string, then tie it to the tail.
- Put the turkey breast side up on the rack in an open shallow roasting pan.
- Brush it with the vegetable oil.
- Place in the meat thermometer so tip is in the thickest part of the inside thigh muscle or thickest part of breast meat and does not touch bone.
- Roast the turkey uncovered at 325 degrees F for about 3 hours.
- Peel the pineapple and cut it lengthwise into halves.
- Remove the core and cut each half diagonally into 8 slices.
- Combine wine, honey, soy, ginger, paprika and garlic, mix well.
- Arrange the pineapple on rack around the turkey.
- Brush the turkey and pineapple with wine mixture.
- Keep on roasting uncovered, brushing turkey and pineapple frequently with wine mixture, till the thermometer registers 185 degrees F for about 1 hour longer or move drumstick up and down.
- Take out the turkey and pineapple, keep warm.
- Pour drippings into 2 cup measuring cup and skim off any excess fat, add sufficient water to drippings to measure 2 cups.
- Pour it in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water to it.
- Boil and stir for about 1 minute and serve with turkey.