Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 1 Can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Pound mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 2 Cans Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 Large yellow onion
- 1 Cup red wine dry
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Large zucchini scrubbed and chopped
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 Cup parsley leaves fresh, chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red chili peppers hot, crushed
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Take a big pot and heat olive oil in it.
- Fry onion and garlic for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the tomatoes and chickpeas through a blender or food processor till they are finely chopped, but not smooth.
- Place all the ingredients to the pot, and simmer, uncovered, for about 45 minutes to one hour, stirring occasionally.