- 4 Cups mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 Can tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup carrots cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 Cup celery, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1-1/2 Cups sliced onions
- 3 Medium potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 Can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1/4 Cup red wine
- Take a large saucepan and heat oil in it on medium flame.
- Combine onions, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms with it.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, keep stirring.
- Add little water, if required, to prevent sticking.
- Combine rest of the ingredients, except flour, 1/4 cup water, and wine.
- Cover, decrease the heat to low, and simmer for about 30 minutes till vegetables are tender, stir occasionally.
- Gradually stir flour into 1/4 cup water till smooth, in a small bowl.
- Mix it with stew, along with wine.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes, keep stirring.