- 1/2 Pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp Pine nuts
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Large garlic cloves
- Ground black pepper to sprinkle
- 1 -1/2 tbsp Unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Trim Brussels sprouts and cut in two lengthwise.
- Cut garlic into small pieces.
- In a heavy skillet melt 1 tbsp butter with oil on moderate heat.
- Cook garlic till golden, keep stirring.
- Place the garlic with a slotted spoon to a small bowl and decrease the heat to low.
- Arrange the sprouts in the skillet, cut sides down, in one layer.
- Add pine nuts and salt to it.
- Cook sprouts, without turning, till crisp, tender and the undersides are golden brown, for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the sprouts to a plate, browned sides up.
- Add garlic and rest of the butter to the skillet.
- Cook on moderate flame, stirring, till pine nuts are more evenly pale golden for about 1 minute.
- Spoon the mixture over sprouts and sprinkle with ground black pepper.