- 6 Chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 Cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive or vegetable oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- Put the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Pound it with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin till they are evenly about 1/4-inch thick.
- In a bowl combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, mix well.
- In another bowl, beat eggs.
- Dip the meat in the eggs and after that in the crumb mixture.
- Put the crumbed cutlets into the refrigerator till nearly time to serve.
- In a big skillet, heat butter and oil on medium-high flame till hot.
- Cook the cutlets on each side till golden brown, for about 5 minutes till the juices run clear.