- 2 Cups rice
- 1 Cup poha
- 1 Cup butter milk or yogurt
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- Wash and soak rice and fenugreek seeds in warm water for about 2 hours.
- Wet poha with little water and then grind the rice and methi seeds along with poha and salt into a very soft thick batter.
- Put it in a warm place for fermentation for 8 to 12 hours.
- Combine the yogurt or buttermilk with the batter, mix well.
- Pour the batter into the griddle.
- The thickness of the batter should be such as when poured on the heated griddle it should automatically set itself into a fine thick circle.
- Cook both sides over medium heat, use little oil.
- Set Dosa is ready to serve.