- 1 Litre vanilla ice cream
- 300 ml Cream
- 1/2 tsp Almond essence
- 1/2 Cup toasted almonds
- 50 gm Dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup glace fruit, chopped
- Soften the ice-cream and combine the almond essence with it.
- Line the base and sides of 1 litre pudding basin leaving a cavity in the centre for the fruit mixture.
- Freeze till firm.
- Whip cream and sugar together till the peaks form.
- Now chop chocolate and almonds.
- Fold the chopped fruit, chocolate and almonds into the whipped cream.
- Fill the cavity of the ice cream with it.
- Cover it with foil and freeze till firm.
- Just before serving, dip the basin into very hot water, quickly 2 or 3 times then invert and shake sharply onto a serving plate.
- Cut Casata into wedges and serve.