- 1/4 kg Kadala mavu
- 1 Coconut
- 700 gm Sugar
- 175 gm Ghee
- 1 Kesari powder
- 8 Cardamoms
- 70 gm Cashewnuts
- Shred the coconut, powder the cardamom and break the cashewnuts into small pieces.
- Heat ghee and fry cashewnuts in it, set aside.
- Heat water in a vessel containing 1/4 litre of water and add the sugar.
- After the sugary liquid is no longer thin, combine the coconut and heat it till it turns thick.
- Add the kadala mavu gradually and keep stirring to bring uniformity in the mixture.
- Combine the fried cashewnut, kesari powder and ghee with it, mix well.
- Add the powdered cardamom and mix it thoroughly.
- Remove it from the fire and pour the mixture onto a plate which could accommodate sufficient thickness.
- Cut Mysore Pagu into rectangular pieces while hot.