- 375 gm Spaghetti
- 410 gm Tomato
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium brown onion, chopped finely
- 500 gm Minced beef
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Cup tomato paste
- 1/4 Cup beef stock
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup dry red wine
- 2 tsp Fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil, finely shredded
- Heat oil in a big saucepan and cook onion and garlic in it on medium heat till onion is soft, keep stirring.
- Add beef to the pan, stir continuously on high flame till well browned.
- Crush the tomatoes using potato masher.
- Add tomato paste, wine, stock, sugar and crushed tomatoes and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, covered and simmer for about 30 minutes till beef is tender and mixture thickened slightly.
- Now stir through herbs.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a big saucepan of boiling water, uncovered, till just tender, drain.
- Now serve sauce over spaghetti.