- 3 lb Bone-in chicken, cut up
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage links, cut in 1/2 inches circles
- 1 Cup dry red wine
- 1/3 Cup chicken broth
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup onion, diced
- 1/4 Cup celery, diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, mashed
- 2 Large sprigs fresh rosemary
- 15 Cured black olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and soak the chicken in water.
- Now drain and pat dry it on the paper towels.
- Pour the olive oil in a pan and heat on high flame.
- Cook the chicken well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove it from the fire when it is cooked, set aside.
- Repeat the process, cook the cut up sausage pieces.
- Remove the sausage from the fire.
- Add the onions, celery, garlic, rosemary and olives to pan and fry for about 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to high and add chicken broth to the pan.
- Add the cooked chicken and sausage and cook uncovered till the liquid in the pan is reduced by half.
- Add the red wine, cover pan with tight fitting lid and decrease the heat to low.
- Braise for about 45 minutes on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken, sausage and olives from the pan and place on a warm platter. Return pan to high heat and decrease the sauce by 1/2.
- Remove rosemary sprigs from it.
- Serve chicken, sausage and olives with the pan sauce.