- 4 cups Lauki, grated
- 6 heaped tbsp Ghee (measure when solid)
- 1 cup Khoya
- 800 ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom Sugar Powder
- 1/2 cup Almonds, blanched and cut into thin slivers
- Remove the skin and seeds of lauki and grate it.
- In a non stick pan, heat ghee on medium flame until it turns warm.
- Now, add grated lauki in the ghee and stir until it turns transparent. The ghee would eventually separate from lauki.
- Add khoya to it and mix well. Cook the assortment for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Once this is done, add sweetened condensed milk and cardamom powder to the mixture and blend well.
- Stir constantly to prevent scorching. The change in the consistency of the halwa into thick pudding form would indicate the doneness.
- At the time of serving, garnish it with almond slivers.