- 2 Pound pork butt
- 1 Large garlic clove
- 1/2 Medium onion, cut in half
- 1/4 tsp Cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano, crushed
- Salt to taste
- In a 3 quart saucepan, combine pork, onion, garlic, 1 tsp salt, oregano and cumin, mix well.
- Add sufficient water to cover it.
- Bring it to a boil, decrease the heat, cover and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain meat and put it in a baking pan.
- Sprinkle the meat evenly with salt.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, while meat is still warm, use forks to shred the meat.
- Use this shredded meat for burritos, tacos or sandwiches.