- 3 lb Pork loin roast
- 1 lb Dry pint beans, soaked overnight
- 6 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 Small cans green chiles, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Trim fat off roast and put all the ingredients in large pot except salt.
- Cover with water to top of the pot and simmer till meat is tender.
- Add boiling water to it as required while cooking.
- Remove the pork when tender and chunk up meat and remove the bones.
- Return the pork to the pot and add salt.
- Simmer it till the serving time.
- Top Chalupas with grated cheese, avocados, diced tomatoes, onions, salsa, lettuce and sour cream if desired.