- 1 Cup rice white
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup onions, chopped
- 2 Poblano peppers roasted, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 6 Scallions, spring or green onions thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1-3/4 Cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 Cup cilantro coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a wok on medium flame till hot.
- Add rice and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, till rice turns opaque.
- Combine the onions, cook and stir for about 1 minute.
- Stir in green onions, garlic, salt and cumin and cook for about 20 seconds.
- Stir in broth and bring it to a boil on high flame.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or till the rice is almost tender.
- Remove the skillet from the flame and transfer it to greased 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or till the rice is tender.
- Garnish it with chopped cilantro and serve hot.