- 4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp Shortening
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1-1/2 Cups warm water
- Oil for frying
- 1 tsp Salt
- Take a big bowl and combine flour, baking powder, salt and shortening in it, mix well.
- Stir in water and mix till dough is soft.
- Cover it and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Roll out on floured board till 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick and cut them into 3 inch squares.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Drain Sopapilla on paper towels and serve.