- 5 lb Lean pork or beef, cooked and shredded
- 1 Bundle oujas
- 1-1/2 lb Lard
- 6 to 7 lb Fresh masa
- 1-1/2 pts Red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Cook meat by boiling it in a big covered pot with sufficient water to cover completely.
- Add salt to it and boil until completely done.
- Cool the meat and save the broth.
- When meat has cooled, shred and combine it with the chili sauce.
- Clean the oujas in warm water.
- Combine together the masa, lard, salt and enough broth to make a soft paste.
- Beat until a little amount will float in a cup of cool water.
- Spread masa on ouja and add a little amount of meat to it and roll up.
- Fold up the ends of ouja and put them on a rack in a pan deep enough to steam.
- Add 1 to 2 inches water, cover it with a tight fitting lid and steam for about 1-1/2 hours.