- 4 Tortillas
- 4 Eggs
- 16 oz Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Cooking oil as needed
- A pinch of chili powder
- 1/4 Onion, chopped
- Chili peppers to taste
- Shredded monterey to sprinkle on the top
- Chop chili peppers and onion, and mash the garlic with a press.
- Place a small frying pan over mid-high heat.
- Add 1 dash of oil to the pan and add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder and chili to it.
- Once the sauce is boiling, decrease the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take another frying pan and fry two tortillas in a very small amount of cooking oil for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Place the tortillas on a plate.
- Fry the two eggs, cooking the top of the egg without overcooking them.
- Put one egg on top of each tortilla and cover the eggs with the sauce.
- The sauce will cook the top of the egg, now repeat the frying process for the other eggs.
- Huevos Rancheros is ready, serve it with beans and some shredded cheese on top.