- 3 lb Large zucchini, washed, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 lb Large potatoes, peeled, cut into thin rounds
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 lb Ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lb Mizithra cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh mint, minced
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 Cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the zucchini, potato and onion into a bowl and sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper.
- Add all the grated cheese, garlic, mint, olive oil and toss to coat all the slices.
- Now pour this mixture into a greased 13 X 9 inch pyrex baking dish.
- Push down with palms of hands to compact somewhat and pour 1/4 cup water over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- If it appears to be too dry during baking, add 1/4 cup more water carefully, because the zucchini and potatoes will also release water during baking.
- Allow them to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting into.