- 1 Package phyllo dough
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 Pound chopped nuts
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 1 Cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the bottoms and sides of the 9x13 inch pan.
- Chop the nuts and toss with cinnamon, keep aside.
- Unroll phyllo the dough and cut the whole stack in half to fit the pan.
- Cover the phyllo with a dampened cloth.
- Put the two sheets of dough in pan, butter it carefully.
- Repeat till 8 sheets layered.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tbsp of nut mixture on the top.
- Top it with two sheets of dough, butter, nuts and the top layer should be about 6-8 sheets deep.
- Cut it into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan with a sharp knife.
- Cut it into 4 long rows to make diagonal cuts and bake for about 50 minutes till baklava is golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile boil sugar and water till sugar is melted.
- Add vanilla and honey to it and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the baklava from the oven and spoon sauce over it.
- Let it cool and serve it in cupcake papers.
- Leave it uncovered otherwise it gets soggy.