- 1 lb Prepared raw phyllo pastry
- 2 lb Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 lb Cottage cheese, drained
- 8 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Water, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Combine cheeses, eggs, pepper, mix well.
- Lightly butter a big jelly roll pan or rectangluar pan with low sides about 11 inches x 14 inches and put a sheet or two of phyllo pastry to cover the pan.
- Brush lightly again with the butter, repeat till 10 layers.
- Spread filling equally in the pan.
- Now top with another 10 layers of phyllo, tucking in and folding the corners, buttering each layer as before.
- Using a clean spray bottle filled with some cold water, lightly mist the whole surface.
- Cut it into 24 squares and then pop into the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour.
- Tiropita is ready.