- 1 lb Baby spinach
- 1/2 lb Feta, crumbled
- 1 Stick plus 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 Phyllo sheets, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 tsp Freshly, grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet on moderate flame, then cook spinach, stirring, till wilted and tender for about 4 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Squeeze handfuls of spinach to take out as much liquid as possible, then coarsely chop it.
- Place it in a bowl and stir in feta, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the remaining 1 stick butter in a small saucepan, and then cool.
- Cover the phyllo stack with 2 overlapping sheets of plastic wrap and then a moisten kitchen towel.
- Take 1 phyllo sheet from the stack and place on a work surface with a long side, keeping rest of the sheets covered and brush with some butter.
- Top with another phyllo sheet and brush with more butter, cut buttered phyllo stack diagonally into 6 strips.
- Place a heaping tsp of filling near 1 corner of a strip on end and then fold corner of phyllo over to enclose filling and to make a triangle.
- Continue folding strip, like a flag, maintaining the triangle shape.
- Place triangle, seam side down, on a big baking sheet and brush top with the butter and make more triangles in same way, using all of phyllo.
- Bake triangles in middle of oven till golden brown for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Shift Spinach Triangles to a rack to cool.