- 3 Pounds eggplant
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 Cup strained yogurt
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red-wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler and trim the stem ends of the eggplant and make 4 small cuts in each.
- Broil the eggplant 2 or 3 inches from heat source, turning, till equally browned and soft in the middle, for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Scrape the flesh away from the skins and take out as many seeds as possible.
- Squeeze the flesh between paper towels to eliminate the excess moisture.
- Put the garlic, onions, and vinegar in a food processor and process till finely chopped.
- Combine the eggplant, yogurt, and parsley with it, and pulse it three times.
- Add the oil in a stream while pulsing till smooth, do not over mix.
- Add with salt, pepper, olive oil and vinegar.