- 2 pounds Tripe (cut in 1 inch squares)
- 1 pound Pork Knuckles (raw)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 14 ounces Hominy (whole, canned)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp Chili Powder
- 4 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Salt
- Wash tripe in hot water and then boil with salt in three quarts of water for about two to three hours till tripe is tender.
- Take a separate saucepan and cook one pound of pork knuckles raw in water for about one hour.
- In another saucepan, put butter, garlic, cumin, black pepper, chili powder and oregano and fry for about two to three minutes.
- Mix tripe, pork knuckles and the broth from both pans with the spices and one can of hominy, mix well.
- Bring it to a boil. Just before serving, put a few drops of lemon juice.
- Menudo is ready to serve.