- 5 Capsicums (chopped)
- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1-1/2 tbsp Dry Grated Coconut
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Black Gram
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 tsp Bengal Gram
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 8-9 Cashew nuts
- 6 Red chilies
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
For powdered masala
- 2 Red Chilies
- 1" piece Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp Black gram
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp Bengal gram
- Take oil in a frying pan and heat it.
- Fry all the ingredients of the masala till the mixture turns brown.
- Remove the pan and allow it to cool.Grind to make a fine powder. Keep aside.
- Cook the rice till it is 3/4 th cooked. Keep aside for cooling.
- Now pour oil in a frying pan and add mustard seeds, black gram, Bengal gram, red chilies, curry leaves,peanuts and cashew nuts.
- Fry the mixture till it starts fuming.
- Add chopped capsicum and fry till it they become tender.
- On a medium flame add grated coconut.
- Fry the coconut till it turns light brown.
- Now add cooked rice, turmeric and salt.
- Fry the dish for few minutes until the rice becomes hot.
- Sprinkle powdered masala and pour lemon juice.
- Mix it properly and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Capsicum Rice is ready to serve.