- 1, 16 Pound turkey
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 Heads garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 Cups fresh lemon juice made from about 8-12 lemons
- 1 Cup dry white wine
- 12 Ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Wash turkey, discard innards, pat it dry and place in a roasting pan.
- Crush peeled garlic cloves and put in a bowl.
- Add the pepper, cumin oregano and salt to it.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, wine and orange juice concentrate until well mixed.
- Pierce the turkey breast, thighs, legs and underside, creating many holes for the marinade to penetrate.
- Pour the marinade over turkey and into the holes.
- Stuff the garlic pieces into the holes as possible.
- Cover turkey will with foil, refrigerate and let marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove foil and place turkey in the middle of oven.
- Roast until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the thigh measures 180 F, about 5 hours.
- Baste the turkey with the pan liquids every 30 to 45 minutes using a turkey baster.
- Be careful not to let the juices puddle in the bottom of the pan or the lower part of the turkey will get soggy.
- Cover turkey breast with foil the last hour of cooking so it won't burn.
- Let the turkey rest at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Turkey Mercedes is ready.