- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Cup curd
- 1/2 Cup coconut, grated
- 1/4 Cup coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Jeera, roasted
- 2 tsp Chana dal, soak for 1/2 hour or chick peas
- 6-8 Green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard
- 2 Red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Few curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- Remove the skin of the cucumber and cut it into 4 pieces vertically.
- Take out the seeds and then cut it into small cubes.
- Cook cucumber for about 10 minutes with a glass of water.
- Grind together the coconut, green chillies, coriander leaves, chana dal or chick pea, jeera and turmeric powder to make a smooth paste using little water.
- Keep a pan on the stove and add oil in a pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds, then add asafoetida, red chilli and curry leaves to it.
- After few seconds combine the grated mixture with it and simmer it for about 5 minutes.
- Now add cucumber cubes and salt, mix well, if the consistency of the curry is thick add some water and simmer it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes and then add curd to it, mix well.
- Majige Huli is ready to serve.