- 8 Large eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 Cup ghee
- 2 Cups basmati rice
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Inch cinnamon stick
- 2 Flakes garlic, crushed
- 1 Brown Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 4 Green cardamom pods
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 2-1/2 Cups warm water
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- 3-4 Tomatoes, thickly sliced to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Heat the ghee in a deep sauce pan and fry onions and garlic along with the bay leaves, cinnamon and cardamoms, till golden.
- Prick the eggs, carefully with a fork and add it to the pan.
- Add turmeric, chili powder to it and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Combine pre-soaked rice with it and stir slowly and carefully for about 2 minutes.
- Add water and salt to it, and cook over a moderate heat till the rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Now sprinkle the garam masala powder over it.
- Garnish Egg Biriyani with coriander and tomato slices and serve.