Grand Marnier Turkey
- 12 Pounds turkey
- 3 Cups grand marnier
- 1 Cup unsalted butter
- 4 Oranges, juice only
- 2 Pounds mixed dried fruit
- 4 Granny smith apples, in wedges
- 1 Cup golden raisins
- 3 Cups tequila
- 9 Ounces chipotle peppers
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Rinse the turkey under cold running water and pat dry, set aside.
- Mix the dried fruit, raisins, and apples in a medium-size bowl.
- Place orange juice and chipotle peppers into a blender or food processor and process for about 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup each of tequila and grand marnier to it and then pour the mixture over the fruit.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the fruit and reserve the liquid.
- Cut half the butter into 1/2 inch pieces and mix it with the fruit.
- Now stuff the cavity of the turkey with most of the fruit.
- Put the turkey in a roasting bag and arrange the remaining fruit on top of the bird.
- Pour the reserved liquid over it.
- Combine rest of the tequila and Grand Marnier with it.
- Inject the mixture all over the turkey with the syringe.
- Melt rest of the butter and carefully pour it over the turkey in the roasting bag.
- Close the bag and cut 1/4-inch slit on the top to let the steam escape.
- Put it in a roasting pan and roast for about 2 -1/2 hours.
- Every 30 minutes open the bag and inject more liquor.
- When ready to serve, slit open bag, and place the turkey on a platter, and scoop out the fruit stuffing.
- Place all the fruit in a serving bowl and strain the juices that have accumulated in the bag.
- Skim off any fat, and serve it.