- 1/4 lb Bacon
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Large red bell peppers, diced
- 2 Large sweet onions, chopped
- 2 Stalks celery, diced
- 1 Small jalapeno pepper, finely diced, optional
- 2 Whole cloves garlic, optional
- 2 Large green bell peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp Louisiana hot sauce or to taste
- Chop the bacon and render for about 10 minutes on low heat in a big heavy bottomed skillet or dutch oven which has a tight lid.
- Add butter to it
- Combine vegetables with it and saute till they no longer are steaming and begin to take on color.
- Reduce the heat to very low, cover and cook for about 30 minutes till the vegetables are roasted, being careful not to burn.
- Add more butter to it if necessary.
- Combine hot sauce with it.