- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1-1/4 Cups milk, heated
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- Take a heavy-bottomed saucepan and melt the butter in it.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring continuously till the paste cooks and bubbles a bit.
- Don't let it brown, cook it for about 2 minutes.
- Add the hot milk to it and bring it to a boil, keep stirring as the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to it.
- Reduce the heat, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove it from the fire and let it cool.