Pot Au Feu
- 4 lb Pork
- 4 lb Chicken
- 4 lb Beef
- 3 Cans of beef stock and water
- Vegetable stock:
- 3 carrots, 3 onions, 2 celery stalks
- Herb bouquet with parsley sprigs, thyme, bay leaf, garlic cloves, peppercorns
- For Vegetable Garnish:
- 2 Onions
- 6 Turnips
- 10 Carrots
- 6 Leeks
- Salt to taste
- Pierce the onions of the vegetable stock with cloves and place the beef in a kettle with the vegetable stock and the herb bouquet.
- Cover it with beef stock and water and cook on moderate heat, bring it to the simmer and skim.
- Cover 2/3 of the kettle and simmer gradually for about 1 hour.
- Add the pork and chicken to it and bring back to the simmer and skim.
- Simmer for about 1 hour and a half on moderate heat.
- Peel and cut onions, carrots and turnips and trim leeks for garnishing.
- Add this to the chicken mixture and bring back to the simmer again.
- Add salt to it and simmer over moderate heat for about 2 hours more.