- 1 Loaf french bread, unsliced, about 14 inches long
- 2 Cans tuna in olive oil, undrained
- 2 Plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 Cup basil leaves
- 1/2 Cup vidalia onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 Cup oil-cured olives, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bread in half lengthways and scoop out the inside, leaving a 3/4 inch shell of bread and crust.
- Brush interior of the bread with olive oil and line with basil leaves in the single layer.
- Place undrained tuna, tomatoes, olives, onion, and lemon juice in a bowl to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to it.
- Now spoon the salad into the bottom bread shell.
- Cover with top half and wrap in the plastic.
- Put between two plates, add weights to the top, e.g. cans and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Unwrap, slice, and serve Pahn Bahn-YAH.