- 8 Green medium prawns, shelled, deveined and chopped
- 8 Scallops
- 6 Mussels
- 8 Vongole, surf clams or pipis
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 2 Sheets ready rolled butter puff pastry
- 40 gm Butter
- 1 Clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 200 gm Firm fish fillets, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 Small leek
- 1 Cup bechamel sauce
- 40 gm Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 Bunch chives, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat half the wine in moderately hot pan and add mussels and vongole to it.
- Cover and cook till shells open.
- Remove it from the fire as soon as they open.
- Remove vongoles and mussels from the shells.
- Drain the remaining liquid from the pan and reserve it.
- Rinse the leek thoroughly and remove green part and chop white.
- Heat pan, add butter, leeks and garlic to it.
- Take out garlic and leeks from pan, keep aside.
- Combine rest of the wine and heat to deglaze pan.
- Pour it into a bowl and combine all the vegetables, all the seafood, reserved mussel liquid and chives with it.
- Add bechamel sauce, cheese and lemon juice to it, stir well.
- Add salt and peeper and leave the mixture to cool to the room temperature.
- Spoon the mixture into individual heatproof dishes.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 4 quarters and put each square over the dish, lightly pushing the pastry hanging over the side into the dish.
- Cook the pies in a hot oven at 220 degrees C for about 15 to 20 minutes till golden.